BELGIUM

Fake Video Used in News Coverage of Brussels Terror Attacks VIDEO

Original Russian video

Brussels News media Dernière Heure at dhnet.be as well as La Libre reported on the terror attacks by providing a CC Camera Airport Surveillance Video of the terror attacks. The published video footage was fake as documented by a blog posting on Media Part.

The video pertains to a terror attack at Moscow’s Domodedovo airport on 24 January 2011 (posted on youtube in November 2013). The report of DHnet.be on the Brussels airport attack used the video of the Moscow 2011 attack with the date of the Brussels attack: (22/03/2016) pasted onto the Russian video. Below is the screenshot of DH’s report.



And the screenshot of La Libre at http://lalibre.be,



And here is a screenshot of the January 2011 terror attack at Moscow’s Domodedova International Airport published on youtube in November 2013 followed by the full youtube video of the Moscow attack:



According to the BBC (January 24, 2011) report (which includes the video), the Moscow 2011 airport attack resulted in 35 dead. Both the DH and La Libre reports have since then been removed:



Was it sloppy journalism or media disinformation? Or profit? Did the Brussels media (mistakenly) rely on a fake video taken from social media or from video archives? The background audio in Russian was suppressed.

The CC camera video recordings at Brussels airport would not normally have been made available to journalists immediately after the attacks. The video was posted on lalibre.be and dhnet.be at 9.07 am local time; the attacks took place at approximately 8am local time. The video was identified as an airport CC surveillance video. The timely decision to post this video indicating its source (Airport surveillance camera) was taken within less than an hour following the attacks.

Under the auspices of airport security, the video would normally have been made available to police investigators prior to a later decision to making it public.

Update

The official media through an RTL Belgique report acknowledged that the video was fake, pointing to the spreading of rumors on the internet. What the RTL report fails to acknowledge is that the “rumor” was spread by a powerful mainstream media, which produced one of the first documented video reports within an hour of the announcement of the attacks, shortly after 8.00am. In all likelihood, they took it from their archives and inserted it into their report.

Patric Jean on his Blog on the internet saw the fallacy and accused La Dernière Heure (DH.be), one of Belgium’s largest dailies (in print and online) of deliberately digging up a fake video in its March 22 report 9.07am, –i.e. promoting sensationalism to increase profits. “I could not imagine that the editors of a national daily would cynically publish a fake video of an attack less than an hour after its occurrence”

  • FULL ARTICLE HERE
  • Brussels attacks: Hijacking terror for political points VIDEO
    Inside Brussels airport moments after deadly blasts VIDEO


  • Commuters Climb Out Of Brussels Metro Train After Explosion (VIDEO)
  • Brussels Brawl: Violent clashes as 100k+ protest austerity in EU capital VIDEO
    Deadly shooting outside Jewish Museum in Brussels caught on camera VIDEO
    Brussels fatal gun attack at Jewish museum
    brussels jewish museum A gunman has shot dead three people at the Jewish Museum in the Belgian capital Brussels, officials say.

    A fourth person was seriously wounded, emergency services said. The attacker arrived by car, got out, fired on people at the museum entrance, and returned to the vehicle which then sped away, Belgian media report. Foreign Minister Didier Reynders, who was one of the first people to arrive at the scene, said he was shocked by the attack.

    "I heard bursts of gunfire, rushed here and saw the bodies on the ground," he said. The gunman arrived at the museum at around 15:50 (13:50 GMT) carrying a backpack and opened fire before fleeing in an Audi, local media report. They say one eyewitness may have made a note of the number plate and given it to police. Brussels Mayor Yvan Mayeur said three men and a woman had been caught up in what he thought was probably a "terrorist act". "It's clearly extremely serious," he was quoted as saying, "and on the Jewish Museum too, which isn't a coincidence". Eyewitness Alain Sobotik told AFP news agency he had seen two bodies in the lobby of the museum. One was "a young woman with her head covered in blood", he said. "She was holding a leaflet and looked like a tourist."

    Interior Minister Joelle Milquet said everything pointed to an anti-Semitic attack. A number of people were treated for shock after the shooting in the central Sablon area of the city. Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo expressed his condolences and support for the victims' families.

  • FULL ARTICLE HERE
  • DUTROUX CASE: COPS PEPPER SPRAY ANTI-PAEDO DEMO IN BELGIUM VIDEO


    Protesters clashed with riot police in Belgium on Saturday outside a convent where the ex-wife of the notorious child-killer Marc Dutroux has been sent by the country's supreme court. Michelle Martin was part way through a 30-year prison sentence for involvement with Dutroux in a series of child rapes, kidnaps and murders during the 1990s when she was sent to the Clarisse convent in Malonne. Outside the convent on Saturday, protesters threw stones at riot police and tried to tear down police barricades. Police made several arrests.
    EX-WIFE OF CHILD MURDERER MARC DUTROUX CLEARED FOR EARLY RELEASE VIDEO


    The ex-wife of one of Europe's most infamous child killers, Marc Dutroux, has been told she will be released early from prison - just halfway through a 30-year sentence. The country's highest court has agreed to let Michelle Martin into the care of a convent. But relatives of the victims are outraged.
    BELGIAN'S PROTEST AT RELEASE OF KILLERS EX-WIFE VIDEO


    Demonstrations have been held in Belgium to protest the release of the ex-wife of child killer Marc Dutroux. The rallies in Brussels follow a court ruling earlier this month to free Michelle Martin. Martin has served half of her 30-year sentence for her involvement in the kidnap, rape and deaths of two of her husband's victims.
    GUN AND GRENADE ATTACK IN BELGIAN CITY COURTHOUSE VIDEO
    BELGIUM MUSIC FESTIVAL STAGE COLLAPSE DURING STORM VIDEO